Corrosion Technologies manufactures two of the Top 10 Boat Care Products – Ever!
as rated by the independent Do It Yourself Boat Owner magazine
CorrosionX, CorrosionX Heavy Duty and new CorrosionX Grease
Use CorrosionX to eliminate corrosion and protect all metal surfaces of your boat, trailer and dockside equipment. Especially recommended for brightwork (keeps stainless from pimpling), hatches, powerheads, antenna bases, hinges and latches.
CorrosionX meets the US Navy tough new corrosion prevention and control performance requirement (MIL-PRF-81309H). It is used extensively by the military, government agencies and some Fortune 500 companies.
CorrosionX is also the best lubricant you can use for maritime applications. It does not attract dust, outperforms lubricants fortified with PTFE, and due to its unique polar bonding technology, CorrosionX repels water, and doesn’t dissipate quickly or wash off in harsh saltwater environments.
Marine electronics (even cell phones) that have succumbed to corrosion through mild or extreme exposure, are often restored through the use of CorrosionX. If the contact points are not etched too deeply, the rust will dissipate and full functionality will return.
Use CorrosionX on:
- Engines, generators
- Deck hardware
- Throttle cables
- Steering mechanisms
- Seat swivels
- Locks, hinges and latches
- Chains and pulleys, wiring harnesses
- Hatches, furling systems, winches, windlasses, cleats
- Alloy gears that would benefit from lubrication
- Rusted parts to un-seized them
Due to its extraordinary dielectric properties, when applied, CorrosionX extends the lifespan and reliability of:
- All battery terminals
- Terminal strips
- Ignition switches
- Electrical connectors
- Radios and antennas
- Circuit breakers
- Fuse holders
- Light switches
- Light sockets
- Electrical plugs
- Blower motors
The following is a quote from their Owner Letter:
They then list 18 areas where they recommend the application of CorrosionX:
- Metal Fixtures on Deck
- Steering Mechanisms
- Sliding Tracks
- Engine Mounts
- Hydraulic Cylinder Shafts
- Bilge Pump Housing
- Through Hull Fittings
- Electrical Connections
- Bulb Sockets
- Fuse Panel
- Antenna Bases
When Bill and Judy sailed into Singapore in January 2011, he bought CorrosionX from us!
Since my computer fix, I have repaired many electric and electronic items saving thousands of dollars. I have recommended CorrosionX to others and they have experienced the same miracles. Here are a few of the more notable examples: read more
— Bill Rouse, full-time cruisers
Capt. Rick Barbarossa of Red Beard Yacht Systems, Huntington Beach, California (also a contributing editor for Dockside Magazine), best summed up the remarkable performance of CorrosionX when he wrote in the January 1996 Issue:
— Donald E. Hill, Oklahoma City, OK.
— John Barrett – Kemah, Texas
— Bill C – USA
CorrosionX Heavy Duty
Double the life span of a swing bridge cable submerged under saltwater
Due to rapid deterioration, the cables need to be replaced every 57 days on average.
Solution: The entire cable was first treated with CorrosionX and then CorrosionX Heavy Duty.
Results: The cable lasted 132 days and was replaced because of fatigue, not rust.
- Situation: A tractor pulls drives a commercial boat trailer through mud and into salt water twice a day on the west coast of New Zealand and is then stored outdoor.
- Problem: This caused severe rust and lubrication problems on the three point linkages, electrical connections and the winch.
- Solution: The entire tractor was sprayed with CorrosionX HD. To inhibit corrosion, the HD is topped up about every eight months where the tractor is submerged and once a year on all other parts.
Saltwater Corrosion of Boat Trailer
- Problem: The leaf springs on the submersible trailers of a Sailing Club in New Zealand rusted within three years, making the boat rides bumpy, causing embarrassment on the regattas and finally failed.
- Solution: CorrosionX Heavy Duty was applied to the trailer springs, some already rather rusty, to stop the rust and gave the boats a smooth ride. the HD coating on the springs is topped up once a year at minimal cost.
Stops Saltwater Corrosion of trailer and electrical connections
Diesel Fuel Filtering, an Alameda, CA based company filters and purifies diesel fuel for boats at anchor.
It operates a 26′ boat transported on a tandem-axle trailer. Both boat and trailer are in and out of saltwater every day, resulting in severe rust and corrosion of the trailer. Saltwater attacked terminals and connections and caused problems with electrical systems.
Solution: CorrosionX Heavy Duty was applied to springs, electrical connections, winch and other areas on the trailer susceptible to corrosion.
Results: Mr. Robert Sherman, owner of the company, wrote:
Savings: Undetermined but significant, according to Mr. Sherman. As he stated, “It’s obvious the trailer will have much greater longevity.”
Fishing Trawler Shackles
- Situation: Massive shackles used on the back of fishing trawlers working in the roaring forties in strong westerly winds and rough seas.
- Problem: The shackles often rust in a matter of days. As fresh fish is handled in the boat, kerosene-based lubricants could not be used while other lubricants would quickly wash out and fail to prevent rust.
- Solution: CorrosionX Heavy Duty was introduced and resolved the lubrication problem and provide long term rust protection.
Aquarium shark cage
- Situation: The winch operating the shark cage sunk into the large salt water Aquarium was rusting on a regular basis.
- Problem: Standard greases and traditional rust inhibitors could not be used because of their toxicity.
- Solution: CorrosionX HD was applied to resolve the problem. CorrosionX HD is not only a superb lubricant and corrosion inhibitor. It is also approved by the New Zealand Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI) for such applications. Even if some product gets into the Aquarium, there would be no harm to the aquatic life.
NOTHING STICKS BUT THE SHINE!®
RejeX was originally developed to meet the requirements of the U.S. military corrosion prevention and control programs to prevent jet turbine exhaust from damaging paint and causing corrosion on the aluminum skins on military aircraft.
RejeX is a non-porous, thin-film polymer coating with a high-release protective finish that common contaminants can’t stick to. Diesel exhaust, dried fish blood, bird droppings, hard water and mineral stains are all easily removed and cannot penetrate the RejeX coating to harm your boat. RejeX is also unmatched in its ability to reject damage and oxidation caused by UV exposure.
Today, RejeX used on the US Navy’s largest and most advanced surface ships, corporate jets and Piper Cubs, boats, yachts, elite race cars, motorcycles, buses, trucks, tractors, industrial vehicles and minivans.
Pictured on the left, the (then) 4-year-old sailboat has been treated with RejeX once a year since it was new. There is zero oxidation, even though it’s sailed year round – usually in the hot Texas sun.
To read the article published in DIY Boat Owner, click here.
— George Mayer, Plano, TX
MasterCraft 35th Anniversary Homecoming Reunion First Place in Class
Mid American Region Best of Show First Place in Class, and First Place Tow Rig.
— Southern Boating
— Boating Life
— Southern Boating
Other quality boat care products
Pro Wash RX™
Pro Wash RX is a super-concentrated cleaner designed to provide superior detergency while at the same time is extremely gentle on all vehicle finishes. Contains special rinsing agents that enhance shine and help eliminate streaking.
Xtreme Clean is an all-purpose, water soluble, nonflammable, heavy-duty cleaning concentrate and degreaser for jobs of all kinds. Particularly effective on diesel soot, grease and powering through bilge grime, Xtreme Clean is an effective way to keep your ship squeaky clean!