Conforms to the scope and intended use of MIL-PRF-16173D (Grade 1)
Max Wax is a tough, synthetic wax-based, resilient corrosion inhibitor barrier coating that provides long-term protection for metal surfaces. It forms a smooth, even coating for maximum protection underwater and in the harshest environments.
Max Wax dries faster than other wax-based corrosion inhibitors and it will not harden, crack or lose resiliency even in sub-zero temperatures. It can withstand temperatures exceeding 200˚C / 392˚F. Its ultra-thin viscosity allows penetration between and around close fitting components to prevent moisture, gases or chemicals from causing rust or corrosion. It is acid resistant.
CorrosionX Max Wax
Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) Technology
Max Wax emits a time-release VCI for added benefit when applied in confined areas. The VCI forms an invisible coating that protects items not covered by the wax, such as tools in a toolbox, engines in an engine compartment, or electrical switches and components in an electrical box or cabinet.
- Ideal for short or long-term storage of parts, motors, machined parts and equipment
- Pipe and steel plate coating
- Underbody coating
- Perfect for concrete forms and accessories.
- Used extensively in the prestressed concrete industry for long-term storage of steel forms
- Excellent for protecting underwater cables, submersible pumps and running gear on ocean going vessels
- Clean surfaces to be treated to remove dirt, grim, oil or other foreign matter.
- Spray on a thin, even coat of MaxWax onto the dry surface.
- Dry time is 4-12 hours depending on the humidity and temperature.
Do not over apply; a light, uniform coating provides best results.
Removal: Easily wipes off with mineral spirits.