Developed to provide military aircraft high-performance, long-lasting, corrosion protection and inhibit growth of mildew.
MIL-PRF-81309G Type II
NavGuard was developed as a joint venture between Naval Air Systems Command and Corrosion Technologies to fulfill the need for a longer lasting corrosion prevention film on Navy aircraft metal surfaces while at the same time inhibiting the growth of mildew on the CPC film.
NavGuard Type I is developed with a mildew inhibitor additive.
NavGuard was developed in accordance with MIL-PRF-81309 (Corrosion Preventive Compounds, Water Displacing, Ultra-Thin Film) and exceeds those specification requirements. Tests results show that NavGuard lasted three times longer than the 14-day neutral salt fog (ASTM B 117) requirements for aluminum panels. In side-by-side tests with other CPC products, NavGuard products outperformed commercially available competitors by a factor of three on aluminum and steel. This formulation is expected to perform equally well on other corrosion-sensitive surfaces. It has been tested successfully on aluminum, magnesium, and ferrous alloy surfaces.
- Cost effective formulation from commercially available chemicals
- A water displacing agent
- Extremely effective corrosion inhibitor for aluminum, magnesium and steel alloy surfaces
- Durable coating that provides long-term protection on multiple metal surfaces
- Fogging can be done using aerosolizing nozzle
- Low VOC content and environmentally friendly composition
- Compatible with metal and non-metal components
- Previously treated surfaces require no removal process
For protection and maintenance of:
- Commercial and private marine and aircraft
- Manufactured products with metallic based materials
- Automotive parts
- Machining and metal cutting products – coat machined products to protect them from rust while transporting to customers, possibly incorporate into cutting fluid
- Foundries, casting shops, mini mills products - coat products to protect them from rust while transporting to customers
- Industrial machinery such as lathes, mill machines, CNC equipment, etc.
- Military aircraft
- Naval ships