No more scraping and painting rusted metal! RUST RECONVERTER LT stops further erosion and rusting of machinery, tools, vehicles, equipment, boats, metal buildings and more.
RUST RECONVERTER LT chemically converts rust into a black organic complex while a clear acrylic coating is formed over the surface. When used indoors, the coating can last for years even without painting. When used outdoors or in high humidity applications, it should be painted over using an oil-based enamel or epoxy paint. Covers up to 500 square feet per gallon.
The coating itself is sufficient to last for years, but it is also an excellent primer for latex, epoxy and oil-based paints. Rust Reconverter LT extends the life of anything made of ferrous metal or alloys. Removes rust and leaves a protective primer shell all in one quick and easy step!
Rusted floor lift painted with Rust Reconverter LT
A customer sent us this photo of a rusty piece of equipment being rehabilitated quickly and efficiently with a coat of Rust Reconverter LT
- Any rusted ferrous metal surface that can be painted
- Ships and workboats
- Water treatment and sewage processing equipment and facilities
- Commercial swimming pools and resorts
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Metal structures and buildings
- Clean rusted surface of loose rust flakes with wire brush but do not take down to bright metal.
- Apply by brushing, dipping, swabbing or spraying product evenly over the rusted surface.
For spraying; apply using equipment designed to spray latex paint. If necessary, when spraying, add up to 3 fluid ounces of water per gallon.
- Allow to dry completely prior to exposing to rain or high humidity. A clear hard finish will form. Dry time will vary depending on the temperature and humidity. Surfaces may be painted once completely dried.